- The rising costs associated with workplace injuries need to the addressed.
- If strategic HRM is to have meaning, it must encompass the development and promotion of a set of health and safety policies to protect the organizations most valued asset i.e. its employees.
- The employer has a legal duty to maintain a healthy and safe workplace, the health and safety function being directly related to organizational outcomes.
- There is decreasing tolerance for work related hazards in organization e.g. smoking.
- There is a growing recognition that health and safety forms an important subgroup of organizational factors affecting Human Resource Management.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)