Under section 26(3) and 4 of the Constitution the Attorney General is emto;
- Institute and undertake criminal proceedings against any person before any court other than a court martial for any alleged offence.
- Take over and continue any criminal proceeding instituted and undertaken any other person or authority.
- Discontinue at any state before judgment is delivered any criminal proceedings instituted or undertaken himself or any other person or body.
- Order the commissioner of police to investigate any alleged or suspected criminal act. The commissioner must oblige and report to the Attorney General.
- The Attorney General is the public prosecutor.
- He is the only amicus curie.
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)