Under the provisions of the Law of Succession Act, a will is the legal declaration a person of his intentions or wishes regarding the disposition of his property after death duly made and executed in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
- A will includes a codicil.
- A will may be oral or written.
A will may be revoked the testator in three ways:
- Another will or codicil: manifesting an intention to revoke the earlier will.
- Burning, tearing or otherwise destroying: the will for purposes of revocation.
- Marriage of the testator: