Legal principles applicable in the given case:
- An agent must always perform his duties in good faith while working for the principal.
- He must work in the best interest of the principal.
- He must execute his duties with reasonable skill for example looking for the best
- Matende Juma made a secret profit of Sh.50, 000 from Norah Muhonja hence did not act in good faith.
- He also did not act for the best interests of the principal as he ignored Timothy Kvalo
who offered a higher price for the land.
- Marion Kaveza can sue Matende Juma to recover the secret profit.
- Marion Kaveza can also refuse to pay Matende Juma his remuneration.
- Marion Kaveza can also terminate the agency relationship.
- She can therefore successfully sue.
(Visited 86 times, 1 visits today)