A person shall be lawfully deprived of personal liberty in certain circumstances:
- In execution of the sentence or order of a court in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been convicted.
- In execution of a court order punishing him for contempt of court.
- For the purpose of bringing him before a court of law in execution of an order of the court.
- Upon reasonable suspicion of his having committed or being about to commit a criminal offence.
- For the purpose of the persons education or welfare if below 18 years.
- For the purpose of preventing the spread of an infectious or contagious disease.
- For the purpose of care, treatment or protection, if the person is or is reasonably suspected to be of unsound mind, addicted to drugs or is a vagrant.
- For the purpose of preventing the unlawful entry of the person into Kenya or for the purpose of effecting the expulsion, extradiction or other lawful removal of that person from
- Kenya or for the purpose of restricting the person while being conveyed through Kenya in the course of extradiction or removal as a convicted prisoner from one country to another.
- To such extent as may be necessary in the execution of a lawful order requiring the person to remain within a specified area within Kenya or prohibiting him from being within such an area.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)