A person seeking to be registered as a student for any of the professional examinations must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an aggregate average of at least grade C+ (C plus) or its equivalent.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with at least TWO Principal passes provided that the applicant has credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) level or equivalent qualifications.
- kasneb technician, diploma or professional examination certificate.
- A degree from a recognised university.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination grade C in 6 papers with C in both English and Mathematics.
- Such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by kasneb.
A person seeking to be registered as a student for any of the diploma examinations must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) examination with an aggregate average of at least grade C- (C Minus) or equivalent qualifications.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination grade D.
- Any other kasneb technician or diploma examination certificate.
A person seeking to be registered as a student for Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS) qualification must show evidence of being a holder of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) examination with an aggregate average of at least grade D+ (D Plus) or its equivalent.
(a) Applicants intending to take the May examination must be registered not later than 15th March, while those intending to take the November examination must register as students not later than the preceding 15th September. (b) Syllabuses are provided to applicants upon registration as students of KASNEB. Registration Renewal (a) The annual registration renewal fee shall become due on 1 July following the first eligible examination sitting and annually thereafter. (b) Registration numbers for students who do not book for any examination within three years from the date of registration will have their numbers suspended. the suspended registration numbers will only be reactivated upon payment of a reactivation fee and the appropriate renewal. Examination Entries (a) Registered students who wish to take the examination must submit the prescribed entry forms, duly completed together with the appropriate examination fee on or before the specified dates. The closing date for the receipt of the entries for the December examination is the preceding 15 September and for the June Examination is the preceding 15 March.
STEPS TO PAYMENT USING e-kasneb APP ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE
STEP 1- Sign up on e-kasneb mobile app for existing and new student (first time user of the app only)
1. Search for e-kasneb application on the Google play store and install on your phone.
2. (a) Open the e-kasneb app to sign up.
(b) DO NOT input your email details and password before you sign-up.
Click sign up icon and select either new student registration or student with kasneb registration number
3. Fill in your bio data including email and password.
4. Agree to kasneb code of ethics to complete the process and click the sign-up icon (proceed to item 5 if
the account activation delays or hangs by more than 20 seconds). You will receive your kasneb wallet pin
via SMS (for example 1234).
(i) Await receipt of kasneb wallet pin via SMS text (this may take a few seconds).
(ii) If the wallet pin is not received within 60 seconds create your wallet pin by dialling ∗805#.
(iii) To change/reset your wallet pin dial ∗805#. Select my account and go to pin reset. Use the
validation code received as your current pin and create a new 4 digit pin (for example 1234).
Note: – If a wallet pin has been sent, you cannot create your own wallet pin as per (ii) above.
You cannot be issued with a new wallet pin if you have an existing wallet such as eJijiPay or NHiF.
5. Log in using the email address and password as per your bio-data details during sign up.
6. After log-in you will be required to attach your identification document (such as National ID/Passport/Birth
certificate) and a passport photo (you can download or take a snap shot and attach).
7. Password reset – in case you have forgotten your e-kasneb password (created under 3 above) click on
forgot password under on the log in screen. A SMS text will be sent to your phone with a reset token to
facilitate password change.
STEP 2 – Choosing the service required
a) New student registration
Under registration icon
1. Select exam type – Professional, Diploma or Certificate.
2. Select examination (such as CPA, CS,… or ATD, DICT…)
3. Attach certified copies of your certificates.
Note: you can take a snap shot of the documents and attach.
4. Click next and fill in the required information in order to generate an invoice.
5. Proceed to pay as per step 3.
6. To access your registration number
(i) Wait for verification of your registration application. (This process takes a short while during
working days (Monday to Friday).
(ii) Wait for a SMS prompt for registration status or
(iii) Click the red button at the top left hand side of your home screen to access the profile icon in
order to view your registration status.
7. To access the syllabus, go to resources icon on the home screen and click on syllabus to download
(Note: Accessible using pdf reader app).
Note: This step must be completed before seeking exemption or booking for examination.
Under exemption icon
1. Choose kasneb graduate if you have completed another examination offered by kasneb or
others if you have a degree or KNEC/KIM/KSL diploma qualification.
2. (i) For kasneb professional/diploma graduates, the exemptions will be populated automatically –
therefore, save exemptions and generate an invoice.
(ii) For others – select a degree or diploma as appropriate.
– Indicate the name of the institution and degree/diploma course taken.
– Save the exemptions which will populate automatically.
– Attach certified copies of your transcript(s) and certificate.
– Upload to generate an invoice and proceed to pay as per step 3.
Note: This step must be completed before booking for examination
C. Examination booking and annual registration fee
Under examination icon
1. (a) Choose examination sitting (May or November):
(b) The examination for the level or part will pop up already ticked.
Note: For a student sitting for professional examination, the lower section in the part is already
pre-ticked (that is, section 1 in part I or section 3 in part II and section 5 in part III).
2. Choose the other section in the part if you wish to combine both sections.
3. Click next to generate an invoice.
4. Proceed to pay as per step 3.
5. (a) Examination booking
(i) After payment a prompt message will appear “proceed to book your exam centre”
(ii) Click OK and choose the the zone depending on your geographical centre location.
(iii) Choose your preferred examination centre.
(b) Examination booking – after exiting the examination booking
In case the examination booking pop up does not appear or closes go to others menu on the
home screen to access examination centres and proceed to book as per 5 (a) above.
Note: Only the centre that is available at the time of booking will populate. Centres which are
already full will not appear.
6. To access timetable
Click on the resource menu and download the time table (Note: Accessible using pdf reader app).
Step 3 – To make payment using e-kasneb app.
Note: – This process is for topping up your e-kasneb wallet from mpesa account and is subject to Mpesa
– A student can use someone else cell phone to top up the e-kasneb wallet
1. Go to mpesa menu and select lipa na mpesa option.
2. Click on pay bill and enter the business No. 832222.
3. Indicate your mobile number as the Account No.
4. Enter amount payable as per the invoice generated under step 2 above.
5. Enter your mpesa pin number.
6. You will receive an alert that money has been credited to kasneb student wallet.
7. Proceed to complete the transaction under step 4.
Step 4 – To complete transaction
1. Go back to e-kasneb app.
2. Click the red button appearing at the top mainly on the left hand side
(Note: on some phones it is on the right side)
Select invoice and click view option to get pay now.
Under pay now option:
(a) Choose kasneb e-wallet option
(i) A confirmation of the amount payable will pop-up.
(ii) Choose Yes to pay.
(b) Enter your mobile number and your wallet pin.
(c) Pay as appropriate to complete the process.
Step 5 – To download receipt
Go to the red icon at the top left hand side of your home screen and click on transactions to download your
receipt (Note: Accessible using pdf reader app).