Why cheques are dishonoured
- Insufficient funds
- Post – dated cheque
- Stale cheque.
- Amount in words differ from amount in figures.
- Signature of the account holder may differ from the specimen in the bank
- Alterations that have not been signed against
- The drawer has stopped payment of the cheque.
- If any one of the requirements for a properly drawn cheque is missing or wrongly written.
- A crossed cheque will be dishonoured if the depositor does not abide the conditions of the crossings
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)