1. Controls government spending
2. Critical function
3. Legislative functions
HOW TO MAKE THE LAW MAKING PROCESS EFFECTIVE
1. M.Ps should consult constituents on a regular basis.
2. Subdivision of large constituencies.
3. Establishment of offices in constituencies for M.Ps
4. Enhance civic education
5. All Bills ought to be supported not less than 65% of all MPs so as to become Law.
6. Bills should be widely published e.g. the Kenya Gazette should be made available to larger segments of the society. Bills must be published in newspapers