Role played warehousing as an aid to trade among others.
- Preserves surplus, stabilizes prices and helps to save huge quantities of good which would otherwise be wasted.
- Goods can be prepared for sale while in the warehouse in terms of sorting, weighing, packing etc
- Provide temporary accommodation of goods for producers with no sufficient room for storage.
- Acts as a reservoir enabling trade to continue throughout the year.
- Deferred payment on highly taxed goods enables the importer to look for a market for the good
- Enables the government to get revenue through duty paid.
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)