Factors to consider when choosing means of communication.
- Speed: When the message is urgent, telex, telephone or telegram is the best
- Cost: Refers to expenses incurred in sending a message. Generally, the letter is cheaper to send messages.
- Confidentiality: The ability of the message to reach to the intended person. Letters are better than telephone for confidence purposes.
- Distance: Represents the geographical gap between the sender and the recipient
- Evidence: Refers to the record of the message conveyed. All means of written communication provide evidence.
- Reliability: The assurance certainity that the message will reach the intended recipient, at the intended time, place and the right form. Face to face is the best for this purpose.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)