- To enable infant industries to grow without interference from foreign industries.
- To avoid entry into the country of commodities which might be harmful to the moral culture and health standard of its people.
- To eliminate dumping of inferior or substandard goods in country.
- To correct balance of payment deficit .
- To enable a country to fully exploit its resources which otherwise might be idle from undue competition .
- To raise revenue for government projects in the country
- To reduce the dependency of a country on another which might mistreat her incase of misunderstanding between them .
- To protect key industries which promotes faster development and lead to establishment of other industries
- To diversify industrial growth allowing production of different commodities to prevent dependence on other countries .
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)