Types of wholesalers who may be found in our country today.
- National wholesalers – set up government to distribute a specified product in the country. Have branches all over the country e.g K.M.T.C.
- Regional wholesalers: Cover a given region such as province, districts, etc. and distribute a given product in that region. No other party is allowed to distribute similar goods in the region.
- Specialised wholesalers: Sell a particular type of a product eg books but offer great variety within their particular field.
- General wholesalers: Stock a variety of related goods eg a hardware shop stocks nails, iron sheets, cement, etc.
- Truck wholesalers: Carry only a limited range of stock and combine selling, delivery and collection function in one operation.
- Cash and carry: Operate as self service stores. Require retailers to come to the wholesale shop, pick their requirements, pay and carry away their own purchases.
- Rack jobbers sell particular products to certain types of retail stores.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)