Ethics is code of acceptable behavior that facilitate good relationship between an individual and the general public(s)
Ethics facilitating building of long term relationship, building respect, trust etc.
GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT EXPECTED FROM EMPLOYER
- Provide good working condition to employees.
- Should encourage democratic leadership in order to minimize mis-understandings within the organization.
- Should be able to carry fair promotions without discrimination e.g. based on work experience, education level etc.
- Should be able to promote team work within organization hence working towards achieving common goal.
- Paying employees on time in order to boost their work morale.
- Carrying the outlined duties with high integrity i.e. must be honest and transparent therefore not engaging in corruption.
- Only correct information should be published or broadcasted based on evidence and from reliable sources.
- The personnel carrying public relations activities should ensure they meet legal requirements.
- The information they pass should not injure reputation of another person e.g. giving wrong information that might tarnish personality of an individual.
- They should not publish or disclose confidential information unless when authorized by law e.g. revealing source of intelligence information which may cause insecurity to them.
- High reputation should be portrayed while carrying the duties in order to boost corporate image of the organization they are working under, gain public confidence and trust.
- Should not misuse information regarding his/her employer for their own self benefit financially or other gains.
- Respect other employees in order to facilitate togetherness and team building in order to work towards achievement of common goal.
Refer to possible interaction groups within the organization. They include
- Formal groups
- Informal groups
Refer to employees local arrangements within the work station for their own personal benefits and indirectly little or no benefits to the organization. Example include Merry go round and Chama’s .They aim at
- improving living standards of the members
- Boosting their financial position
- Improving their living standards through common pool of resources.
- Educating the members on empowerment
- Uniting the members through sharing common interest.
- Mostly its formed to benefit the members
- Continuity of the group depends on the members.
- Group objectives are very flexible in case of making adjustments
- Leadership mostly depends on fame and majority likes and not education level.
- Mostly they are not registered hence not recognized outside organization.
Refer to official groups which every employee within the organization should join e.g. organization welfare, employee Unions, Committee membership etc.
- The group has governing rules and regulation outlined in the constitution.
- The group has specific objectives and deadlines which can only be adjusted upon agreement by committee.
- The group benefits is mostly to the organization in general and little benefits to individuals
- They are registered hence recognized within and outside the organization
- The group leaders have specific duties outlined to them
- Continuity of the group does not depend on dismissal/retirement of a member
- Leadership position depends on education level and experience.