This are direct communications with carefully targeted individual consumers to obtain an immediate response and cultivate lasting customer relationships the new direct marketing models include: advances in direct marketing include emergence of catalog companies, direct mailers and telemarketers.
- Easier to know the current models in the market as per ones needs
Wealth of comparative information is allowed.
- Interaction and immediate feedback is possible
- Privacy is enhanced.
- Enhances greater product access and selection.
BENEFITS TO SELLERS;
- It is a tool for customer relationship buildings ,better targeting and customerization.
- It can be timed to reach prospects at just right moment.
- Higher readership and response is enhanced.
- There are numerous internet and online benefits which one enjoys ranging from,
- Reduce costs and increased speed and efficiency.
- Avoids expenses of rent, insurance utilities(owning a store).
- Improve efficiency of channel and logistic functions.
- Costs less than communicating on paper through the mail
- Greater flexibility is enhanced in terms of production quotas and the needs of customers.
- It is usually a global medium-ie across all nations.
Customer database-this is an organized collection of comprehensive data about individual customers or prospects including geographic, demographic, psychographic and behavioural data.
Database marketing-this is the process of building and maintaining customers data for the purpose of contacting and transacting with the customers.it is commonly used in B2B and service retailing(hotels, banks and airlines). It makes use of a customers mailing list – a set of names, addresses, telephone numbers etc and customer database-contains much more information e.g. past purchases, personal information, family information etc.
The database kept by the firm assists in,
- Identifying the prospects.
- Deciding which customer should receive a particular offer.
- Deepening customer loyalty(ie information, gifts etc).
- Reactivating customer purchases(knowledge of past purchase is kept, gifts, certificates and promotion.
- Face to face selling.
- Tele marketing-using phones to sell directly to customers.
- Direct mail-letters, ads, samples, fold outs are used the media used here include; voice mail, email, fax mail and physical mail.
- Catalog marketing-this is mainly through print, video or electronic catalogs.
- Direct response television marketing-this is direct marketing via television, including direct response television advertising or commercial home shopping channels.
- Kiosk marketing- refers to information and ordering machines placed in stores and airports.it is different from vending machines because a kiosk does not dispense the actual product.
- Internet/online marketing-this is marketing conducted through interactive online computer systems which link consumers with sellers electronically ie internet and commercial online services.