- Lapsing: a legacy lapses in circumstances in which the beneficiary predecease the donor.
- Ademption: a legacy deems if a particular subject matter bequeathed to a particular beneficiary does not belong to the testator or does not exist.
- Abatement: a legacy abates if the testators estate cannot satisfy all legacies.
- Uncertainty: a legacy fails if there uncertainty as to the beneficiary or the subject matter of the legacy.
- Illegality: a legacy fails if the gift its subject matter is illegal law.
(Visited 71 times, 1 visits today)