The term law has no assigned meaning. It has no specific definition. However, it has been used in a variety of sense different writers who have attempted to explain it.
- The study of law is referred to as jurisprudence. According to Hart law is coercive instrument for regulating social behaviour.
- Law has been described as a command backed sanctions of the sovereign.
- The sovereign formulates the commands and enforces sanction. These two explanations
of term law cannot accommodate all the branches of law in existence.
- According to Salmond, law consists of a body of principles recognized and applied the state in the administration of justice. Law has also been defined as collection of binding rules of human conduct prescribed human beings for the obedience of human beings.
- Law may be described as an aggregate of rules enforced courts of law.
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)